Thursday, October 23, 2014

Testimony

I'm scared that the thing I want and the thing you are willing to give will never match up.
I'm terrified of the last time, where you leave this place
No looking back, just goodbye

There is a light in you that illuminates a part of me that I thought I lost
Laying next to you, rhythm of breath
Light on skin
You make it hard not to fall
and darling, I've been falling hard.

Like falling asleep. Slowly, then all at once.

I don't know if I am what you need
or even what you want
All I know is how I feel
and when I'm with you, I feel safe.
I feel like I'm home

That place has eluded me for so long
Yet you walk in the door, and I get it.
You terrify me in the best way possible.

I love you
and not in a friendly way
although I think we're great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment